After so much learning from Retail’s Big Show, NRF 2018, I’ve saved the best for last. What are disruptions in the retail and brand space that I’m jazzed for 2018?
As someone who has spent her career being ROI focused and proving business cases for technology, I typically find value and excitement the results being presented. Ideas that can be packaged differently for various industries, or something that sparks thought around macro-trends to take account when trying to create new solutions or ideas.
Here are a few of the “cool things” I’ll be thinking about and reviewing for my clients in 2018.
- Albert AI Engine – Silvia Campello, President and COO of Cosabella, reported they realized a 336% increase in return on ad spend (ROAS) utilizing Albert with their email marketing, in just three months
- Since working with AgilOne, David’s Tea has experienced a 30% increase in revenue from email, a 20% increase in open rates, and an 8% increase in click through rates
- Augmented and virtual reality tools with practical applications – visualizing furniture in a room, a car fitting into a garage, or a pergola on a deck, for example
- Post-recession changes in consumer behavior that isn’t changing even though the economy is getting better – presented by Kate Ancketill, CEO and Founder of GDR Creative Intelligence
- No longer shame to buy discount – mix and match, isn’t just discount, luxury and mass
- By Q1 of 2018, there will be more Dollar General than McDonalds
- Decline in middle income earners
My favorite quote from The NRF Big Show 2018 provides food for thought, Michael Lastoria, CEO, Co-Founder, and Creative Director &Pizza states, “If you’re going into it with a thesis that is predominantly about unit economics or something that is going to be infinitely scalable, the chances of success are really, really, really low…it almost has to be fearlessly weird, with little to no chance of success to create the kind of phenomenon that will create that long term success.”
What a cool time to be alive!
If you’ve missed my earlier posts of #NRF2018, here you go: